Flea shampoos are one of the best options when it comes to treatment for your cats. They can be used in addition to other forms of treatment such as flea collars, powders, and pills. These shampoos kill not only adult fleas but larvae and eggs too.
To help you find the best dog shampoo for your cat we have compiled a list of the top 10 best selling products on Amazon:
1) Hartz Ultra Guard Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats 4.3 out of 5 stars Price:$7.96
2) Vet’s Best Hypoallergenic Waterless Shampoo 3 oz (Pack of 2) 4.5 out of 5 stars Price:$11.99
3) Pet MD Natural Flea and Tick Shampoo for Cats 4.1 out of 5 stars Price: $6.95
4) Adams Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats with Precor 4% 4.2 out of 5 stars Price:$8.87
5) Nutri-Vet Advanced Care Medicated Anti-Itch Oatmeal Shampoo Gallon 4.0 out of 5 stars Price: $31.30
6) Sargents Natural Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs and Cats 4.3 out of 5 stars Price:$12.91
7) Bayer Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Cats (1 Cat 1 Collar) 4.5 out of 5 stars Price: $40.80
8) Hartz UltraGuard Pro Flea & Tick Home Spray for Pets Up to 7 Lbs 3.8 out of 5 stars Price: $7.64
9) Adams Plus Flea & Tick Spot-On Treatment For Kittens, Puppies, 4.3 out of 5 stars Price: $8.03
10) Bayer Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Cats (Unscented, Small) 3.8 out of 5 stars Price: $41.00
11) CVS Health Pyrethrin Dip for Dogs and Cats – 1 Bottle 4.3 out of 5 stars Price: $11.99
12) Vet’s Best – Flea + Tick Shampoo with Natural Oils – 32 oz 4.4 out of 5 stars Price: $10.97
13) Natural Chemistry De Flea & DeFlea Cat Spray 4.0 out of 5 stars Price: $9.03
14) Adams Plus Flea and Tick Carpet Powder – 4 lbs 4.3 out of 5 stars Price: $12.02
15) Sargents 16-Ounce Maximum Strength Flea, 3.8 out of 5 stars Price: $22.36
16) Vet’s Best – Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs and Cats – 32 oz 3.9 out of 5 stars Price: $7.88
The prices and ratings shown on Amazon.com are subject to change at any time and without notice. The Best flea shampoo for cats is one that kills all stages of the parasite, though not all shampoos do this (so read the label carefully). It’s also important that the shampoo doesn’t contain pyrethrin or permethrin because these can make your cat sick if used incorrectly – some allergic reactions to flea treatments in cats include seizures and death, so you should play it safe.
The safest shampoo for cats with sensitive skin is one that contains oatmeal, which is great at soothing the skin and relieving irritation. You should also look for a product that has natural oils – coconut oil, eucalyptus oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, etc. – as these can help soothe your feline friend’s skin too.
It’s important to apply the shampoo thoroughly all over your cat’s coat and leave it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing off. This allows it time to penetrate their protective barrier and kill the flea eggs underneath your cat’s fur (the adult fleas will usually be killed within 24 hours).