Hemp seed oil for cats is something that you should consider giving to your feline friend.
Advantages of hemp seed oil for cats
1) Stimulates hair growth and reduces shedding
2) Contains essential fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties that are important in preventing arthritis, pain, stiffness, and sore muscles.
3) Strengthens the immune system which helps protect against viruses and bacteria that cause infection.
4) Reduces allergic reactions by relieving inflammation of the skin or mucus membranes.
5) Promotes healthier teeth due to its antibacterial effect on oral cavity tissues.
6) Helps with natural calming effects – calms skin problems like itchiness or hives, decreases anxiety for cats that are extremely active or nervous.
7) Promotes cardiovascular health by reducing triglycerides, total cholesterol, increasing the good HDL cholesterol, and improving blood circulation.
8) Reduces nausea and vomiting associated with gastrointestinal upset caused by food poisoning, motion sickness, intestinal worms, etc.
Hemp Seed Oil Dosage For Cats
Cats generally have different dosage requirements of hemp seed oil than dogs due to their lower body weight. The dosage below is for a 50lb dog so you will need to adjust this for your cat according to its size.
Dogs – 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight twice daily (every 12 hours)
For example, A 50-pound dog should be getting 5 teaspoons or half a tablespoon twice daily.
Cats – 1/4 teaspoon per 5 pounds of body weight twice daily (every 12 hours)
For example, A 25-pound cat should be getting 1/2 teaspoon or 2 minims twice daily.
Hemp seed oil for cats is an excellent source of essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are needed for optimal health in dogs and cats.
It is also effective against many conditions such as arthritis pain, skin allergies, itchy skin areas, feline lower urinary tract disease, intestinal worms, inflammatory bowel syndrome in dogs and cats, food poisoning, toenail fungus in dogs, oral infections. However, do not treat your pet with hemp seed oil without consulting your veterinarian first.
Hemp seed oil is safe and effective for cats and dogs. The benefits of hemp seed oil for cats outweighs its disadvantages:
1) Hemp seed oil might cause abortion in pregnant cats so don’t give it to your cat while she’s pregnant.
2) Do not give your cat more than what was prescribed by the veterinarian because this can cause nausea, vomiting, seizures, or even death.
3) Avoid contact with the hemp seed oil bottle to prevent contamination from drool and other dirt that can be found in a home environment.