While grapevines and branches are potentially poisonous, feeding them to rabbits may not cause severe problems unless multiple branches or the entire plant is consumed. Grape leaves and stems can be nutritious and provide benefits such as improved immune function and protection against intestinal worm infections.

Grapevine leaves contain tannin, a compound that can cause diarrhea, but it is present at low levels. The leaves also have high levels of vitamin A and other antioxidants. Feeding rabbits a small amount of grapevine leaves is unlikely to cause any problems.

larger amounts of grapevine leaves may lead to gastrointestinal upset, including diarrhea. If you are concerned that your rabbit has eaten a large number of grapevine leaves, contact your veterinarian.

So, can rabbits eat grape branches? Yes, they can, but in moderation. Be sure to monitor your rabbit for any signs of digestive upset after eating grape branches. Also, make sure that the grapes themselves are safe for rabbits to eat – some varieties contain harmful chemicals that can be poisonous. With a little bit of caution, feeding your rabbit grape branches or leaves can be healthy and nutritious.

Grapevine leaf infusions are used in folk medicine for the treatment of gastric ulcers (R).

Grapevines contain antinutrients like cysteine protease inhibitors which reduce protein digestion (R).

Healthy rabbits should not have any problems digesting the leaves, but if I were to give them something with tannins I would take it with food so that everything is wet in the stomach when the tannins reach it. For small amounts of leaves, you don’t need to do this. If they eat too many then yes, take with food. Many times my rabbits dig up whole plants at once and eat vines together with roots and all, so I give them a little bit of food with it then.

Grape leaves are also high in vitamin A and other antioxidants.

I’m not sure if this is the same for all rabbits, but my bunnies go crazy over grape leaves and eat them like they’re going out of style. I’ve never had a problem with them, but I always make sure to give them a little food with it just in case. As long as you’re keeping an eye on your bunny and they’re healthy, then there’s no reason to not let them enjoy a few grape leaves now and then.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *